Kanban Management Professional (KMP2)
|12 Oct - 13 Oct 2017||London||Kanban Management Professional (KMP2)|
Kanban is a set of values, practices and principles that bring the benefits of Lean theory to organisations.
- increasing the flow of value
- visualising and establishing an optimum workload for the team's capacity
- reducing waste
- creating better organisational alignment
- building a culture of engaged workers
The Kanban method focuses on making incremental, iterative changes that evolve business processes into more efficient and manageable work streams while avoiding the risks associated with complex change programmes.
This interactive 2-day workshop, accredited by the Lean-Kanban University, teaches advanced principles of the Kanban Method.
It is for people who have:
- Already mastered the Kanban basics through applying Kanban in their organization, and want to take their implementations to the next level.
- The desire to keep momentum going beyond the initial improvements realized from the Kanban system introduction
Our trainer Helen Meek, is an experienced Kanban & Agile Coach and Trainer with a passion for helping people, teams and organisations succeed and meet their full potential. With a strong history of delivering software utilising multiple software methods she brings a vast amount of experience to organisations she works with and the training she provides.
RippleRock Ltd is accredited by the Lean Kanban University (LKU) to deliver Kanban courses.
- To have completed a KMP1 class or equivalent.
- Have read the ‘Kanban’ book by David J Anderson or ‘Kanban from the Inside’ by Mike Burrows.
The course shows you deeper Kanban practices to sustain evolutionary improvements and organisational feedback loops enabled by the Kanban cadences.
This workshop is hands-on, using various exercises and simulation alongside instructor-led discussions and presentations.
The following topics will be covered over the two days:
- Definition of the Kanban Method
- Motivation for the Kanban method
- Proto Kanban
- Enterprise-level Kanban case study
- Understanding the Kanban system
- Kanban Values
- Commitment and replenishment
- Seeing Services
- Delivery Planning
- Scaling Kanban out across an organisation
- Feedback loops
- Essence of Kanban
- Evolutionary approach to change management
- Fitness for purpose
- Feedback loops to improve service delivery
- Conducting a stand up meeting
- Conducting a service delivery review
- Conducting a operations review
- The risk review
- The strategy review
Please note: The course curriculum for the KMP2 is still evolving and may be subject to change.
This course is useful for anyone who already are practising Kanban in their work environment and are looking for further improvements for their system(s).
In terms of roles, the course is suitable for:
• Kanban practitioners
• Project and Program managers
• Line and Middle managers,
• Management from inside and outside IT,
• Process improvement coaches,
• Business analysts
This course has been accredited by David J Anderson (creator of the Kanban method) and Lean-Kanban University (LKU). Each attendee will receive a certificate.
Those attendees taking a LKU-accredited course will be eligible to become members of the Lean-Kanban University. To read about the benefits and learn more, visit the LKU website.
Attendees who complete both KMP1 & KMP2 classes are eligible for the Kanban Management Professional designation. Students who do not complete the official KMP1 training through the LKU, will not receive this. Please ask if you are not sure.
To contact RippleRock and learn more about how we can help you, email us at email@example.com