The Art of Retrospection
|05 Apr 2017||London||The Art of Retrospection|
|22 Nov 2017||London||The Art of Retrospection|
Many organisations are adopting Agile approaches to improve their capability, however many teams forget or struggle to continuously improve. Being a ScrumMaster or Kanban Coach means that you need to know how to facilitate these session and get the best from your people.
This 1-day course provides a great foundation for anyone wanting to learn more about creating, running and using powerful coaching questions to achieve results.
We put theory into practice in each module through a number of exercises and simulations which are both enjoyable and instructive. Students will leave with tools they can use with their teams immediately.
- Understanding why we use retrospectives and the benefits they can give.
- How Icebreakers can benefit you.
- Learning about different types of retrospectives and when to use them.
- Building a retrospective from scratch.
- Facilitating a retrospective.
- Dealing with common personalities and reading body language.
- Using powerful questions & 5 why root cause analysis.
- Creating actions & getting them delivered.
- How improvement backlogs can keep the team focussed on continuous improvement.
- What they are
- Why we do them
- The benefits you can expect
- What they are
- Why we use them
- Examples of Icebreakers and putting them into practice
Building a retrospective
- Different types of retrospectives - Release, project & sprint
- Sprint retrospectives with a broad context
- Sprint retrospectives to deep dive
- Using metaphors
- Preparing retrospectives
- Creating your own retrospective
Facilitating a retrospective
- The role of the facilitator
- Facilitating from the back of the room
- The power of observation
Common personalities and body language
- Common behaviours you will encounter
- How you recognise these
- How you can overcome these
Powerful questions & 5 why root cause analysis
- Framing powerful questions
- Example powerful questions & how to use them
- Root cause analysis
- The prime directive
- Putting into practice in a coaching dojo
Creating actions & getting them delivered
- Generating actions
- Example actions
- Getting the team to take ownership
- Creation of the improvement backlog
- Management of the improvement backlog
This course is suitable for anyone involved in Agile teams who want to learn more about driving continuous improvement into teams through retrospection.
This course can be run privately for a minimum of 5 students, for further information please email email@example.com. This course is also run publicly periodically, please check back here for availability.
To contact RippleRock and learn more about how we can help you, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org