Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner (A-CSPO)
Why is this course important?
Product Ownership is pivotal to maximise the value delivered by the Scrum Team. If you have the CSPO certification and are looking to provide even better outcomes for your customers and business then this course is for you.
This course will help you:
- Discover and shape better outcomes
- Bring the customer into the room
- Improve your collaboration and engagement with stakeholders
- Improve your collaboration with your team(s)
This Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner course is the second step on the Path to CSP (Certified Scrum Professional – Product Owner) and builds on the fundamental principles and practices covered in the CSPO course.
- Levels of Planning.
- Product Strategy and Visioning.
- Slicing your Product Backlog for faster feedback and roadmap initiatives.
- Forecasting techniques.
Modeling and Forecasting Value
- Approaches to understanding and modeling value.
- Maximizing the flow of value in your organisation through Value Stream Mapping.
- Understanding threat-based neurological responses, how to engage with a reward-based response, and effectively understanding your stakeholder landscape, including relationship nuances.
- How to apply an experimental-based approach to organisational change.
- Practice facilitation techniques.
Product vs Project approach to delivery
- Defining a Product.
- Outcomes over Output.
- Customer research and Product “Discovery”.
- Validating assumptions.
- Advanced techniques for the Product Backlog.
Product Ownership at Scale
- Organisational design and scaling for Product Based delivery.
- Key patterns for groups of teams, team organisation and synchronisation across teams and specialisms.
- How these patterns relate to popular scaling approaches.
- Using Product slicing for cross-team synchronisation and dependency management.
This course is tailored to support the ongoing evolution of product ownership for those who hold the CSPO certification. Whether you are a Product Owner, Portfolio Manager, Program Manager, Product Manager, Business Analyst or in a coaching role this course will help you build on your current capabilities.
- Full attendance of the course.
- Engagement in group exercises.
- Have successfully achieved CSPO.
- Have a minimum of 12 months of Product Owner experience.
Following successful completion of the course, the eligible participants will become an Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner (certification fee is included in the course fee).
There will be a minimum of 16 hours class time (Including breaks). Online courses usually have a little more time allocated.
We recommend you have a (re)read through the latest Scrum Guide, written by Ken Schwaber and Jeff Sutherland the co-creators of Scrum. The Scrum Alliance also has a nice overview of Scrum which might serve as refresher.
|There are no classes listed at this time, keep checking back!|
Although best known for my long association with Scrum, I love everything Lean, Agile and Kanban. I get a buzz out of catalysing new ideas, collaboration, creativity and innovation to engage the full potential of teams and leadership. I am a member of the TAC (Trainer Approval Community) for the Scrum Alliance and a collaborator on a Scaling Principles & Practices initiative.
Away from work, I try and squeeze in way too many sports and hobbies: road cycling up mountains, trail running with my dog, sailing, skiing, diving and lots of DIY projects!
I focus on improving relationships and increasing collaboration and engagement across teams and departments. I love to work with product management and bring a more innovative, outcome based, experimental discovery approach to product development. My broad experience across many business domains and at all organisational levels provides a rich set of examples to bring theory to life.
Want to know more?