CERTIFIED AGILE LEADERSHIP
Why is this course important?
Highly successful organisations have leaders at every level who operate with radically different mindsets and behaviours. This course will provide a platform for you to evolve your leadership capabilities to build a more resilient, adaptable, empowering, creative and innovative culture.
Actionable and practical leadership mechanisms are a focus to ensure that you will be able to make an immediate positive impact.
This course brings together a diverse set of modern leadership research and concepts and wraps them in a cohesive learning experience.
Here are a few examples of leadership thinking included in our course:
- The Principles and Mechanisms of Intent-Based Leadership from David Marquet (author of Turn the Ship Around and Leadership is Language).
- Psychological Safety from Amy Edmondson (author of The Fearless Organization).
- Lean Thinking from Toyota
- Cynefin from Dave Snowden
- Richard Hackman, Stephen Bungay, Dan Pink, Jez Humble
- Context for Agile Leadership
- Aspects of an “Agile Leader”
- Leader Mindset
- Psychological Safety
- Authority and Information
- Alignment and Autonomy
- Engaging and Motivating People
- Tuning Control based on Competence and Clarity
- Fix the Environment
- Leadership Awareness and Behaviours
- Organisation and Team Structures
- High-Performance Teams Agile at Scale
- Leading Lasting Change
In addition to the practical benefits, this course will provide you with an industry-recognised Agile leadership accreditation, incorporating all three foundational Scrum Alliance Certified Agile Leadership certifications CAL-E, CAL-T and CAL-O.
These accreditations will prepare you to further develop your leadership skills in the
The course normally runs a 9:00 am – 17:00 pm schedule over 3 days but can be adapted as required. This course can run either in-person or online.
Please contact us if you would like to run this course for your team or organisation. We would be happy to organise a private course and optionally customise the course to your specific requirements. We also offer this training as part of a coach-supported leadership programme.
From a Leadership perspective, although not compulsory you might want to consider reading some of the following books prior to the sessions:
- Turn the Ship Around by David Marquet
- Leadership is Language by David Marquet
- The Fearless Organization by Amy Edmondson
- Lean Enterprise by Jez Humble et al
I am a ‘Fearless Organisation Certified Practitioner’, a member of the TAC (Trainer Approval Community) for the Scrum Alliance and a collaborator on ScaleAgility, a Principles Led approach to applying Agile at scale.
Away from work, I try and squeeze in way too many sports and hobbies: road cycling up mountains, trail running with my dog, sailing, skiing, diving and lots of DIY projects!