Assess & Plan
We apply our deep knowledge of Agile development and Application Lifecycle Management tooling to help you understand how your development processes can be improved and better supported by the tools available.
In many instances, tools are misused such that they damage the collaboration essential to any successful adoption of Agile practices. In other cases, opportunities are missed to gather and use the empirical data and metrics that will allow teams to continuously improve the quality and value delivered.
Dependent on the scope of the assessment we engage for between 1 and 10 days and assess areas of your software development lifecycle that include a selection from the following:
- ALM tools ecosystem: the tools in use and opportunities for further augmentation or consolidation
- On Premise versus VSTS (Visual Studio Team System)
- TFS infrastructure implementation: topology, performance, scale and disaster recovery
- Software development process, artefacts and how tools are used to support it
- Product, Project and Team structure
- Version Control: source control structure, branching strategy, workspaces, shared resources/artefact repositories
- Automated Build and Continuous Integration(CI)
- Test strategies and tooling
- Path to Live – Release Management Process, Strategy for Automated Deployment and Continuous Delivery
- Agile Metrics and Reporting
The assessment concludes with a findings, recommendations and planning document that we present and discuss with you.
Your organisation may qualify for subsidised Assessment & Planning services with Microsoft’s DPS days – see below:
Microsoft Developer Tools Deployment Planning Services (DT DPS)
Many Microsoft Volume Licensing customers are eligible for free Deployment Planning Services (DPS) as part of their Software Assurance Benefits.
DPS help guide customers through the deployment and business value planning stages of software implementation. As a Microsoft ALM Gold partner, RippleRock is authorised to redeem DPS benefits against the cost of the following DT DPS Assessment & Planning services:
- Team Foundation Server Deployment Assessment
- Visual Studio Quality Tools Deployment Assessment
- Visual Studio Agile Deployment Assessment
- Visual Studio DevOps Deployment Assessment
Your reseller will be able to tell you if you are eligible for this free service or contact us for more information about the process.
To contact RippleRock and learn more about how we can help you, email us at email@example.com