The Certified LeSS Basics course is a brief introduction into the LeSS Framework. Large-Scale Scrum (LeSS) is a scaling/descaling framework for scaling agile development to multiple teams.
LeSS builds on top of the Scrum principles such as empiricism, cross-functional self-managing teams and provides a framework for applying that at scale. It provides simple structural rules and guidelines on how to adopt Scrum in large product development.
The Certified LeSS Basics course provided by one of our trusted partners provides a 1-day (2 half-days online) overview of the framework and some of the essential concepts that it uses. It will help to determine whether LeSS is for you and/or your organisation or not.
what will you learn?
The main learning goal for participants is to gain more information on what LeSS is, what LeSS is not, the purpose of LeSS and how it may be applicable in their working environment. Students will learn where to find more information about LeSS and what to do if one is interested in adopting LeSS in their company.
By the end of the course not only will you be more confident in your knowledge and skills but you will also have new material to share with your teams and have felt what it’s like to be a part of a LeSS learning community.
what will you receive?
All participants will be receiving a Certified LeSS Basics certificate and an account on less.works. The LeSS Basics Certificate will not expire and is a valuable industry known certificate.
Note: this course has the added benefit of being worth 8 Scrum Education Units® (SEU®) in category B. Which are often required for renewing the Certified Scrum Master or other Scrum Alliance certificates.
what topics are covered?
- Articulate why LeSS
- Explain how LeSS is a Scrum-based approach scaling
- Summarize what impact this has on the organisational design (structures, policies, etc.)
- Explain the dynamics of component teams vs. feature teams
- Explain all roles and their purposes
- Explain why there is one and only real PO and not so-called team POs
- Explain the LeSS Complete diagram, organizing LeSS information in terms of the principles, rules, guides, and experiments
- Explain how LeSS scales over ~8 teams
- Analyze one's own current organisations’ state
- Evaluate the applicability of LeSS in one's own current work environment
- What organisational impacts LeSS adoption may cause.
- What impact would LeSS adoption make to participants’ work life?
who is this course suitable for?
The Certified LeSS basics course is for anyone who is involved in multi-team Agile effort, such as:
- Organizational Leaders and Managers
- Product Owners and Product Management
- Agile Transformation Leaders, Consultants and Change Agents
- Experienced ScrumMasters and Agile Practitioners
- Agile Team, Organizational Coaches and Agile Trainers
- Software Engineers and hands-on technologists
are there any prerequisites for this course?
Scrum knowledge from training or working in Scrum Teams for a long time is expected (despite the title this is not a beginner's course). A concise understanding of the Scrum Guide, which means you should have read it thoroughly.
how should I prepare for this course?
Pre-work that is provided will be minimal but it might be an idea to refresh your knowledge by re-reading the Scrum Guide.
will I need any equipment for the course?
If this is the online version you will need to install Zoom application version, as the web version does not have all the features needed. You will also need access to google docs suite and especially the tool called Jamboard.
what about exams and assessments?
The course is assessed by the instructors during the course, there is no exam to be taken. This is a certification you earn through practice during the course.
To contact RippleRock and learn more about how we can help you, email us at email@example.com